Provisioning users with Okta
Integrating Elevio with Okta, allows you to manage your team access via Okta, and have those changes automatically reflected within Elevio. This includes:
- Create users
New users created in Okta will also be created in Elevio
- Update user attributes
Updates made to the user's profile through Okta will be pushed to Elevio
- Deactivate users
Deactivating the user or disabling the user's access to the application through OKTA will deactivate the user in Elevio.
- Reactivate users
If a user was once deactivated, and the user is reactivated or access granted when it was once removed, the user's access will be restored in Elevio.
Okta integration is only available on Enterprise level plans, and requires some initial setup manually by Elevio staff. Please reach out for help in starting the process.
- In your Okta account, head to the Applications area
- Select "Add Application"
- Search for Elevio and click the Add button.
- In the General Settings, leave the default settings
- In the Sign-On Options screen, leave SAML 2.0 selected (we'll move on to that in another step).
Enter the value Elevio staff provided you with into the SSO Subdomain field.
- Hit Done, and move on to the Configuration Steps below.
Head to your Elevio app in Okta (you will be redirected here automatically after completing initial Installation steps above), and open the Provisioning tab.
- If Provisioning is not yet enabled, hit the Configure API Integration button
- Check the Enable API Integration box
- Click the Authenticate with Elevio button
You will be redirected to Elevio to authorize the connection.
- Once authenticated, hit Save
- You should be redirected to the "Provisioning to App" area, if you are not, head to the Provisioning tab, then click To App in the left column
- Click on Edit and enable the following options:
Create Users, Update User Attributes, and Deactivate Users
Then hit Save
- You can now assign people the app, and finish the application setup.
To allow your users to sign in to Elevio with their Okta account, visit the Sign-On tab, and hit the View Setup Instructions button, and follow the steps presented
Known Issues / Troubleshooting
Updating Username is not supported.
At this stage, if you attempt to change the username Okta. This will not flow through to Elevio.
If you are having trouble, please let us know.