Optimal article length
While this can be a topic of much debate, in general it's best to keep each of your articles to a single defined topic.
There's a number of reasons for this, mainly:
- Looking at your analytics later will be able to tell you specifically what people are needing the most help with. You can't do this if you have one article that covers too much
- It's much easier to keep smaller articles up to date than it is with larger articles
- You can link from one article to another if you want to offer more information, rather than repeating yourself in multiple articles
- Your users don't want to read for 10 minutes to find what they could learn in 10 seconds
- Your search results will become a lot more relevant if the article is more defined to a single topic