Blocking certain IP addresses from analytics
You can use the IP Blacklist to block certain IP addresses from your analytics. This is useful when you need to exclude your internal office usage from the stats to keep it clean.
There's a couple of ways to go about it
- If you only have one or two public IP addresses to exclude, you can simply add them to the list
- If you have a block of public IP addresses you want blocked, you can use the CIDR notation to specify the range. Here are some examples (more examples can be found here)
- 192.168.2.42/32 blocks only 192.168.2.42
- 192.168.2.0/24 blocks all addresses in the 192.168.2.0-192.168.2.255 range
- 192.168.0.0/16 blocks all addresses in the 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255 range
At the moment we only support blocking IPv4 addresses. IPv6 support will be introduced in due course.